During law school Jessica was awarded the High-Tech Excellence Award for the 2013-2014 academic year, the Witken Award for obtaining the highest grade in Entertainment Transactions, and the CALI Award for obtaining the highest grade in Technology Licensing. Jessica also advanced to the quarter-finals in the Honors Moot Court Competition on Asylum & Refugee law and volunteered as a mediator for the Santa Clara County Superior Court. She was an editor for the Sports Law Publication for the 2013 and 2014 academic years and participated in the Expungement Clinic where she advocated for rehabilitated persons to obtain dismissals of prior convictions. Jessica did all of this while also working full-time as a paralegal and certified bar student for a prominent debt-collection law firm.
After graduating in the top 20 percent of her law school, Jessica began her legal career as an attorney with the debt-collection firm where she had been a paralegal. She drafted and advocated numerous anti-SLAPP motions to strike, prosecuted contested trials, participated in several appeals, and presented a Continuing Legal Education seminar on the Fair Debt Buying Practices Act. In 2017 Jessica opened her own law practice.
In 2017 Jessica also joined the law firm of Hildebrand, McLeod & Nelson as a contract attorney. Over the course of the next year, Jessica’s passion to defend the rights of railroad workers and others in their times of need grew exponentially. So, in 2019 Jessica joined Hildebrand, McLeod & Nelson as Of Counsel so that she can dedicate more time to those in need.
Areas Of Practice
- FELA Injury Claims
- Railroad Whistleblower & Retaliation
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- J.D. - 2014
- San Jose State University, San Jose, California
- B.S. - 2010
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Business
- Major: Business Administration with concentration in Finance